for Witches and Radicals of Celtic Descent
– an invitation to connect with ancestral plant kin through lore, relationship and ritual –
This sacred container will engage in conversations on ethical relationship building with plant kin culturally relevant to descendants of Celtic cultures from the lands today known as Eiré (Ireland), Alba (Scotland) and Cymru (Wales). We will open into lore and historical practice; ritual for connection to season, place and kin; dialogue on settler identity and responsibility on North America / Turtle Island; and community connection with others of shared lineage and politics for resourcing and accountability. Participants will be invited to consider what ancestrally rooted unsettling processes could look like, and, together with plant kin, envision personal and collective steps inward and forward.
this is an offering about plants and process.
- The autumn cohort will begin October 2022 and run through Jan 2023. It is twelve weeks long.
- This program includes both self-paced online learning content through the Podia platform, as well as seven community engagement sessions.
- You can access the course content through Podia throughout each week at your own pace. We will work through six sections of material. You will receive an email notification when new content is available.
- In addition to the biweekly Podia content, we will also have biweekly Zoom calls for community connection. These calls will have live transcription enabled and be recorded for folks who can’t make them live.
- Community Zoom calls will take place on Wednesday evenings 5 – 6:30 pm EST (2 – 3:30pm PST); call dates include October 19, Nov 2, 16, 30, Dec 14, 28 2022 and Jan 11, 2023. Each will last 90 minutes.
Folks who have steady income that meets their basic minimum needs (ie. housing, food, transportation, etc.) but does not stretch much further are welcome to pay $150.
Folks making 30k or more (without dependents), or those who meet their basic needs with resources left over, are invited to pay $300.
For folks experiencing financial abundance, upper middle class living and/or upper class living, you are invited to pay $450+.
For no/low-income participants for whom $150 is a barrier to access, please indicate this on your registration form, and we will collaborate together on a way forward.
Payment is accepted through Paypal and Venmo.
Payment plans are available.
Registration is now open! Please use the form below to register.
After you submit the form below, you can expect an email from me with further details.
Registration will be open until Oct 1, 2022 or until full.
Space is limited for intimacy and connection.
How long will I have access to the course?
Participants will have access to the content for the life of the course. This will be at least one year on the Podia platform (but likely longer!).
What is the time commitment for this course?
This is a 12 week program broken up into six, biweekly sections. For each session, you will have access to 1-2 hours of learning + experiential content through Podia. You are encouraged to work through this at your own pace over the two weeks in between calls. There are invitations to practice, as well as bonus content, and you are invited to engage with these as deeply as feels supportive to your process. The practice invitations for each module can range from 30 minutes to 3 hours; it’s all up to you how deep you want to go. Additionally, we will have 6 calls which will each last 1.5 hours. This is an invitation to devote 1-2 hours each week throughout the winter to tending your ancestral connections with care and intention.
Will we be ingesting plants throughout this course?
No! Within this course container, we will focus on non-consumptive relationship building with plantkin.
Sign up for monthly notes
My practice is slow, intentional and intimate. I’m not only social media so much; I do occasionally share things through my instagram, @hawthornandyew. However, the best way to stay in touch and hear whats new is to sign up for my newsletter.
You’ll hear from me on a monthly-ish basis, and these notes will contain info on upcoming workshops and programs, new zines, things my friends and peers are working on, and more.