plants, practices & community
Join us this Samhain season for a gentle exploration of grief tending practices in intimate community.
Over the course of four weeks, we explore different pathways for opening to or deepening our relationship with grief. Some of these will include plant relationships, creative and body-based practices, ritual ideas, discussion, sharing and personal reflection.
Each session may include a short presentation, a guided invitational exercise, community discussion and personal reflection. There will be space for each of us to share collective wisdom from our personal experiences as well, for every creature knows the grief that comes with aliveness.
After exploring some of the many pathways toward grief tending, we will move towards envisioning what an appropriate, gentle grief tending practice might look like for each of us in the winter months ahead.
This four week program will take place over Zoom on Mondays at 3pm EST / 12pm PST / 8pm GMT. These calls will last 75 minutes.
Our gatherings will be on Oct 31, November 7, November 14 and November 21, 2022.
There will be closed captioning available.
These gatherings will not be recorded.
This will be a gentle and lovingly held container. Folks are welcome to be on or off screen, participate or not as they feel called, and are free to utilize the unmute or chat functions to contribute. Come as you are.
Attending all four sessions is encouraged but not required. You are still welcome to join us if you can only make some of the sessions!
The invited investment for this offering is $88 / $66 / $44 sliding scale. Please leave the lower ends of the scale for folks experience economic hardship and systemic oppression. Coupon codes are available at checkout. This offering is intentionally priced to be accessible for folks as an offering of community support during these very challenging times. If you have the financial means, you are welcome to pay the higher end as a pay-it-forward effort to support the access of low/no income and marginalized communities. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!
what wisdom might grief have to share with you,
this Samhain season?
Questions and Answers
WILL THIS BE VERY INTENSE?
- No! This will be a very gentle container
- All practices will be invitational (meaning you can feel into if something feels supportive and appropriate for you)
- We will not be diving deep into our personal grief in this container; rather, the focus will be on sharing experiences, skills, plant relationships, practices (including embodiment and non-body based), and ritual invitations around tending the grief that lives within us all
- This will be a firmly held facilitated container so that the intention for the offering remains on course
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- any queer or trans person seeking to explore grief tending in supportive community
- folks seeking skills and relationships to bolster their existing grief work practices
- folks looking for a gentle engagement with deep, complex and potent topic without diving too deeply inward
- folks who find it meaningful to engage each autumn in grief work and inward reflection
- folks feeling ready to gently ask themselves what grief tending their heart might desire this dark season
Note: This is not for folks who are in active crisis.
Feel free to email me if you have other questions or concerns!
HOW DO I ACCESS THE SLIDING SCALE?
The invited investment for this offering is $88 / $66 / $44 sliding scale. Please leave the lower ends of the scale for folks experience economic hardship and systemic oppression. This offering is intentionally priced to be accessible for folks as an offering of community support during these very challenging times. If you have the financial means, you are welcome to pay the higher end as a pay-it-forward effort to support the access of low/no income and marginalized communities. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!
To access the lower ends of the sliding scale:
- To participate in the course for $66, use the coupon code 22off at checkout.
- To participate for $44, use the coupon code 44off at checkout.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Sign up using the link below!